Nursing lawyers UK
Nursing lawyers UK
Nursing lawyers UK – NMC Defence Barristers have established themselves with an excellent reputation in providing nursing legal defence of nurses and midwives who are facing disciplinary proceedings before the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC). We have specialist NMC lawyers available who deal with all aspects of nurses law, including issues of registration, fitness to practise, allegations of poor professional competence, health issues and allegations of serious misconduct.
NMC Disciplinary Hearings
Our nursing lawyers often act on behalf of nurses and midwives across the entire range of fitness to practise issues brought up before the Nursing and Midwifery Council at disciplinary hearings, including:
- Legal advice on professional registration and launching appeals against decisions
- Assistance with the preparation of written responses to the Case Examiners
- Specialist representation at Interim Orders Panel Hearings
- The preparation of responses to Standard Directions Forms
- Taking part in negotiations with the Nursing and Midwifery Council in relation to Consensual Panel Determinations
- Representing our clients at fitness to practise hearings before the Conduct and Competence Committee and Health Committee
- Representation of clients at High Court appeals
If you have been referred to the NMC it is extremely important that you should get good legal advice to protect your career. "
Have you been referred to the NMC?
- Assessments and the keeping of records
- Breaches of interim orders
- Communication issues
- Criminal convictions
- Drug and alcohol issues
- Failure to escalate concerns
- Financial misconduct
- Medicines management and administration
- Mental health issues
- Professional boundary issues
- Quality of care
- Sexually motivated misconduct
As Nursing Lawyers UK, we understand that being investigated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council or being subjected to a fitness to practise hearing can be a daunting and frightening experience. NMC Defence Barristers have the experience to take you through the process, step by step, advise you on the best approach and protect your interests at each stage.
Has the NMC contacted you to investigate your fitness to practise?
Our NMC Defence Barristers are here to help!
Get in touch with us for professional advice and assistance with your case
NMC Defence Barristers have represented nurses and midwives of all grades and with all manner of experience and skills.
Contact us as early as possible to receive professional assistance.