NMC Defence Barristers have been again successful in persuading the NMC to take no further action for a nurse arrested for drink and disorderly and two assaults.
As the case did not result in any criminal conviction and there was no risk of patient harm the NMC concluded that no further action was necessary.
NMC Defence Barrister’s lead counsel, Stephen McCaffrey said: “We had approached this case by ensuring that our client had taken the necessary corrective steps and had demonstrated insight and remediation.
“We worked hard with our client on presentation of her version of events and subsequent actions.”
Our client sated:
“Thank you so much for everything, for all your guidance, help and support and for all you hard work in managing my case and for enabling this to have such a great outcome! I have really appreciated it and am very grateful for all your help.”
I am a NMC Defence Barrister who has represented large number of medical professionals before their regulatory bodies in either first instance proceedings or appeals.
I can help with all matters relating to NMC Fitness to Practise referrals issues including:
- What to do if you have been referred to the NMC
- Advice on the NMC investigatory process
- Consensual Panel Determinations
- Interim Orders Hearings
- Advice, assistance and representation for hearings before the Conduct and Competence Committee
- Advice, assistance and representation for hearings before the Health Committee
- Appeals against the decisions of the NMC
- Police cautions
- DBS [Disclosure and Barring Service] issues
We are expert NMC Defence Barristers
Speak to an expert NMC Defence Barrister for expert legal advice and help.